The Academic Section of the Central University of Karnataka assists in the conduct and timely execution of the various academic activities of the University. Currently the University runs sixteen Departments under eight Schools of Study and three Centres. Eight Integrated Masters programmes, fifteen standalone Masters Programmes, and seventeen PhD programs are offered along with some programmes under community college scheme. There is a steady increase in the student admissions from the year of inception till date. The University conducts National level Entrance Examinations for admissions to its various programs. Merit lists and reservation norms are followed in the process of admissions.
Choice Based Credit System is followed by the University which allows the students to choose and plan their course of study by opting for Generic Electives and Discipline Specific Electives of their choice, apart from the Core Courses and Skills Based Courses of study. Continuous evaluation and timely revision of the curriculum is a hallmark of the University. Academic mobility of the students is encouraged by the policy of Inter University Credit Transfer. Internships, trainings, and industry visits form part of the curriculum.
Academic collaborations are explored and implemented. Rsearch projects funded by accredited bodies such as the UGC, MHRD, ICSSR, ICHR, DST, and INSPIRE FOUNDATION are carried out under the Research and Development Wing of the Academic Section. Consultancy projects are also monitored by the R&D wing. For PhD scholars who are not in receipt of any fellowship/scholarship, the University offers monthly fellowships of Rs. 8000/- and 10,000/- besides an annual contingency grant of Rs. 10,000/-.
The Skills Development Cell of the Academic Section floats skills development courses through its partner institutions. These include Advanced Diploma programs and BVoc programs as per the guidelines of the UGC and MHRD. The University runs Community Colleges and collaborates with Hindustan Aviation Academy, Bangalore to offer courses on Advanced Diploma/BTech in Aeronautical Engineering.
The University is aware of its being a 21st century institution beginning in an
India that is fast emerging as a global hub of skilled and trained manpower. It
is thus necessary that new universities take an active and synergetic role in evolving
as socially conscious beacons of knowledge by constantly innovating and updating
knowledge and information.
The CUK keenly identifies with these thoughts and will strive to be a path-breaker
in its academic endeavours both in terms of the content and quality of teaching
with the following salient academic features:
- All courses offered on choice based system
- Courses inter and multi-disciplinary in content School of Study system
- Holistic undergraduate experience
- Courses planned on credit basis
- Semester system
- Continuous internal assessment
- Relevant and up to date syllabus
- Academic freedom to students to choose and design their course of study by picking up components of allied, elective, supportive courses apart from their Core Course
- Courses have inbuilt component of developing students in a holistic way (English communication, personality development, computer training)
- Students sent to academic tours to national / reputed institutions in their field of study for interaction / exposure in country at university cost
- Academic collaborations being planned with international universities